Meet the Doctor
Dr. Drew McPhail is a gentle, caring & highly experienced chiropractor. He specializes in structural correction of the spine, scoliosis treatment, the diagnosis and treatment of soft tissue, and whiplash injuries. He also performs neuromuscular re-education and postural stress evaluations.
Dr. McPhail believes in natural healing; getting to the source of the problem and helping the body self-correct. His commitment is to get his patients well and healthy through wellness. That is healthcare without drugs which not only eliminates health problems but prevents them.
Dr. McPhail makes a conscious effort to explain things completely, to help educate his patients & also ensure his patients understand why he does what he does, and are comfortable with his treatment.
Dr. McPhail chooses to practice here in Summerville because having grown-up in smaller towns in the south, he and his wife Sherry know the importance of family and a tight knit community, and how the two of these go hand in hand. During his studies, they have lived in many different towns and none have had the feeling of community or the focus on family that they found when they visited a friend in the Summerville area. Being new parents, they wanted to establish themselves in a community that they felt would be optimal for raising family and one that their children could always call home. He is positive they have found this in Summerville.
- Doctor of Chiropractic, Parker College of Chiropractic, Dallas, TX.
- Pre-medical, Life University, Atlanta, Ga.
- Bachelor of Science, Valdosta State University, Valdosta, GA.
- Dr. Donald Harrison & C.B.P. Research Institute Clinical Biomechanics of Posture
Correction and Rehabilitation of the Spine Seminars
Kansas City, MO
- Spine Research Institute of San Diego
Whiplash and Brain Injury Traumatology Program
- Dr. Peter Fernandez: World-known Lecturer and Author
Personal Injury, X-Ray and Orthopedic studies
- Clear Institute Scoliosis Correction Program
Advanced Diagnosis and Treatment Protocols for the Reduction and Correction of Scoliosis
- Dr. Mark Charrette: Extremity Adjusting Courses
Adjusting and Stabilization of Upper and Lower Extremities
- Dr. Dustin Cobb: Applied Kinesiology
Advanced and Clinical Applied Kinesiology
- Holder Research Institute: Torque Release Technique
Reduction of Dural Tension and Adhesion
- Hundreds of hours of post graduate studies focusing mainly on the structural correction of the spine, and the diagnosis and treatment of soft tissue and whiplash injuries.
- Structural/Biomechanical correction of the spine and scoliosis treatment
- American Chiropractic Association
- International Chiropractic Association
- South Carolina Chiropractic Association
Honors and Awards:
- Board of Directors, Summerville Rotary
- Board of Directors, Dorchester County Children’s Center
- Board of Directors, Summerville Y.M.C.A.
- Summerville Mayor’s Committee on employment of people with disabilities
- Class Vice-President throughout my studies at Parker College of Chiropractic.
- Founder and Officer of the Clinical Biomechanics of Posture Technique Club at Parker College of Chiropractic.
- Officer in the Sacro-Occiptal Technique Club at Parker College of Chiropractic.
- Team Captain for the Valdosta State University football team 1995 & 1996
- Selected All-Gulf South Conference Offensive Tackle 1995 & 1996
- Contributing author of the Nationally recognized book, “Neck Pain Neck Pain, You don’t want it, You don’t need it!”